I was very surprised by how well this turned out. The corn made me a bit nervous but it all blends together so well and is a healthy treat anytime of year.
Healthy Harvest Bread
Yields: 5x9 loaf pan. Double recipe for 16 muffins
- 1 Cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 Cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 Cup olive oil (I used grapeseed oil and it turned out fine)
- 1/4 Cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 2 Large eggs
- 3/4 Cup sugar
- 1/2 Cup packed baby spinach leaves
- 1/2 Cup corn kernels (can be frozen)
- 1 Medium zucchini, unpeeled, grated.
Heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
Grease the loafpan. Mix together flour, whole wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt in a medium size bowl. In a stand mixer combine oil, applesauce, eggs, and sugar. Add the dry ingredients to the wet in two batches. Gently stir in the corn, spinach, and zucchini with a spatula.
Pour into pan. Bake until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the center, about 30-45 minutes.
Adapted from Kosher by design Lightens up